2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

20 July 2011

Laughter at our Own Expense

I’m baa-ack. No blogs recently because, well, I didn’t feel like I had much to say. But after sitting in the bus for a complimentary extra half-hour, I am fully energized!


Go figure – a silly man in a little blue pickup decided to whip out of the parking garage at the Metro subway station and basically broadside a 50-foot bus (well, it was more of a sideswipe, thankfully).


Yes, we are a bus. White with red stripes. Long. With right of way. Long. So long that the right of way issue really doesn’t matter anyway. But it makes the bus driver feel better.


Nice thing is everyone laughed in relief, though the folks who waited in the mid-90’s heat for a couple more minutes for the next bus surely weren’t laughing as much.


Wonder what it feels like to be The Moron. Having 54 people ridiculing you from A/C comfort of the mushed bus. A long few minutes. Then the folks on the curb surely are talking loudly from 20 feet away. Then a long few minutes telling the cop what a Moron you are. Hope that never is me.


Is that Schadenfreude in reverse?! It was a weird/unproductive day at work, so I guess this is my workday version of a funny day - no one hurt and odd humor to boot. People crack me up...

No comments: