2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

22 November 2011

Drip (a poem) (by someone else!)

Here's something I stumbled onto from my new fav feed -- www.everydaypoets.com

It's a superb example of why I love this website. I encourage you to sign up for their daily feed:

Drip, by Karen Jones

http://www.everydaypoets.com/drip-by-karen-jones/


Rain traced


a perfect heart


on my window,


filled it in,


drop by drop,


while night


dripped on into


morning.



As always,


you were lacking


the vital beat.








Karen Jones is from Glasgow. Her prose has appeared in several magazines, anthologies and ezines. She was short-listed for the 2007 Asham Award and won third prize in the Mslexia short story competition 2010. Stories will soon appear in Spilling Ink and In the Company of Women. She rarely writes poetry as she already has a well-developed case of OCD.






No comments: