2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

26 July 2011

Kindle Me Away

I just started re-reading 2001, A Space Odyssey, by the incomparable Arthur C. Clarke. Then on to 2010, 2061 and of course 3001.


Four books and one glorious concept spanning the centuries of mankind’s possible future. I won’t ruin it for you by talking about the details, so suffice it to say Man meets Machine meets Higher Being meets Consciousness meets Himself.


I sure the other millions of readers have their own take, but I’ve read this saga twice and remain convinced it’s as simple an epiphany as you’ll ever read. Beats trying to figure out Carlos Castenada or Ayn Rand. Or some of that so-called poetry I abuse you with.


It’s time for another saga, Gentle Reader, so please suggest one to me - I'll compile any ideas I get and send them to everyone on my list. By the way, The Far Pavilions is due for a second reading so don't suggest that (though I highly recommend it!).

No comments: