I may bore you to tears today but I thought it insightful to review for myself what Henri (my iPod) had for me today in shuffle play mode.
Does music drive emotions or reflect them? I think it’s a bit of both. And what would your Emoticon look like based on your music tastes? Mine likely would be kind of manic, changing a lot each week.
Enough inner monologue -- play the music!
1. Magnum opus … Kansas
2. It’s only money … Concrete Blondes
3. Hard to handle … Black Crowes
4. Hurricane … Laura Tsaggaris
5. The Marshall plan … Blue Öyster Cult
6. The ballad of John and Yoko … The Beatles
7. All the king’s horses … Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation
8. Double agent … Rush
9. Now more than ever … John Mellencamp
10. In your honor … Foo Fighters
Analysis begun. Analysis complete. I am weird. Irrevocably. Yes, Czarina, 2,952 shuffle-played songs would mathematically prove my hypothesis (that I'm weird) when validated to some decimal place.
Me, I can figure out just ten songs into it that music does drive feelings so I’ll continue to fast-forward when I come across downer tunes. The next and last song this morning was Hard Road by Black Sabbath. Kind of upbeat, actually, so off to the sweatshop go I …