2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

21 October 2010

What You Get is Not What You See

Which is why I toil in our nation’s capitol. There are so many good people at my new digs. Is it because they’re on average younger and less jaded? If so, I say, “Rock On, you Millenials!” I’m a cutting-edge Gen X’er, so can appreciate this vibrancy, the enervation and nerve to think you can do something with your life. The Boomers got hammered in the last couple decades and their own Pleasant Valley Sunday Suburban-topia was taken away by ill-begotten wars, a fake economy built on, well, lies, and a general malaise around the need to save for tomorrow. Not meant as a rant nor critique – heck, I’m just an upstate NY public college paper-carrier – but rather my own observations from the Window of the Commuter Bus.

I get so much from life each and EVERY day that I feel sometimes like a sponge, interacting with fascinating people and watching the rest in bemusement. Or disgust. INFJ’s of the world – unite! Well, since we’re INFJ’s, I bet putting lots of us dreamy folks in a single place would be useless silliness of the worst magnitude. We’d never get anything done except dream and draw pictures about it. Oh - an INFJ is Meyers-Briggs personality typing for: Introvert-Intuition-Feeling-Judgment. Here's a short profile:

"INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types. "

So I challenge you to revel in the day and add your own thread to the storylines of those around you.

1 comment:

Arkansawyer said...

I, too, am an INFJ. As was the author of this quote:

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)