2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

12 October 2011

A Whack Job

Yes, that’s what I almost became this morning, only 6 minutes into a 35-minute run. The ‘it’s all about me’ moron at the quiet residential intersection almost hit me WHILE I was jogging with-the-light. The aggravating part was that I was the second person on the crosswalk – and the other person hadn’t yet gotten to the curb!


More aggravating was the skid mark on the pavement … from a vehicle that a couple seconds earlier was completely stopped to make a left-hand turn. Marks. Three feet from my slow butt.


Maybe most aggravating was the letdown afterward – you ever have ‘buyer’s remorse’? I had ‘pissed -off jogger’s remorse’ due to what I said about the SUV-wielding gentlemen’s intelligence. He actually stopped and rolled down his window to try to blame me. That’s when I dragged his mother into the conversation. And threw in a nice suggestive gesture. Talk about an invite to a throw-down. I spent the next 29 minutes mulling over that I ain’t the smartest bulb in the box…


[sigh]


If you would like to accompany me on a jog, feel free! Or, if you have advice, feel free to educate TMM on the ways smarter people handle the world!

1 comment:

Arkansawyer said...

I have rarely ever been in this particular situation, good sir. If you were that (oh wait, I was about to say whacked off, but that just sounds wrong) ticked off at someone then you probably deserved the right to sound off. Sometimes it's good to let it out, rather than steam it up. In the end, you could do either... but I think you should consider that what is done, is done. It's all good. Don't steam over it any more. He needed to be slowed down, and you needed to let off steam. It's all good.