2013

Living - and already savoring - the Adventures across the backroads of western Idaho and eastern Oregon!

13 October 2011

Machinations and Mutilations of the English Language

Yeah, I’m guilty as self-charged today. My weird idea of a psuedo-poem follows below.



(Note: this goofiness is done in appreciation to the hours spent with Mssr. Jon Bon Jovi and due to my life as a dedicated bureaucrat!)



I drive all night to get to that gold


And I feel so wanted


dead or alive.


(not!)


My executive correspondence


could ring a chord


like a guitar lick.


(sigh)


But no matter what Congress


does, doesn’t, should, could or would,


we trudge toward our deadlines.


(rumination)


“Be stiff of upper lip,


scowl your discontent


and rearrange those pretty chairs!,”


my mates in the


Dance Band of the Titanic.

No comments: